>> I have to get off BayesIT!  It learns way to slow.  What do people
>> think of SpamPal or K9?  I have tried both and like both...so, what do
>> others think?

IL>  Most probable that it been taught badly.
IL>  It doesn't meter which one program do you use, K9, POPFile, ... all of
IL> them have exactly the same logic.
IL>  The big difference is how you teach your program.
IL>  My suggestion, delete BayesIT database and teach it again, but do it
IL> carefully. 10-20 messages and 90% accuracy of filtering.
IL>  A few hints, if you have subscribed to any mailing lists, don't mark
IL> messages as NOT Junk, put them in white list.
IL>  White list and black list what you can and let the filter to deal
IL> with rest, works for 99.97% in a week.

Michael, I dumped BayesIt yesterday afternoon and switched to K9.
After three months of training BayesIt with thousands of spam and
non-spam messages, it gave me about 10% accuracy.  Half a day of K9,
and I'm at 90.4% accuracy.  It's not a training problem with BayesIt,
in my opinion, it's the software.

I've used SpamPal for several months on another computer and it does a
very nice job.  I don't recall it ever making a mistake.

Although they work on different filtering principles, I think you'd be
happy with either K9 or SpamPal.

--
Code 2  :canadaflag:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Bat! version 2.12.00 on Windows XP Service Pack 2