LL> I have a Trend Micro Office Suite mandatory at work, including the laptop
LL> which runs The Bat (1.x) for my private mail. I receive a lot of spam, and
LL> some of it is virus-infected. The problem is, that when the Bat stores
LL> this virus attachment on disk, the OfficeScan pops up saying it's a virus.
LL> For some reason TheBat cannot continue operation (I guess because
LL> OfficeScan takes over the file for quarantine or smth), and the message is
LL> not deleted on the server. This means that every 5 minutes (my polling
LL> period) I get this message and have to delete the e-mail manually on the
LL> server.

LL> Plus, all our admins receive a virus warning.

LL> Hence, I have been asked to remove The Bat.

LL> Just my experience - those problems may be obsolete by now.

Not so obsolete. I had the same problem when testing KAV personal Pro 5 with TB3 !

TB3 froze because KAV blocked some TB databases files. It was very annoying. That why
I 've chosen AVG 7. Now viruses are great managed and moved to quarantine without
perturbation.

And for firewall I use Kerio Personal Firewall 4. It's free and work well with my
system (AVG / Ad-Aware 6 / TB3).

I feel well protected. :-)

Maybe an illusion...

--