Hello Dan,

Sunday, November 21, 2004, 6:17:49 PM, Dan Grunberg wrote:

>> Maybe if you restore from a CD-Rom, your speller files have "read
>> only" attribute, and you can append new words in them...

> That sounds possible. Which file names should I look for?

Probably "UserDic.TLX"

Other possibility is if your using NTFS file system and your logged in
as a limited user.  You will have to change security so that the limited
user can modify the "UserDic.TLX" file.

What I did is reboot into safe mode on WinXP Pro and open Windows
Explorer for the "C:\Program Files\The Bat!\Speller" directory.  Right
click and select the security tab.  Check for the user name, then add
modify capabilities.

--
Best Regards,
Greg Strong

Using The Bat! v3.0.2.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2