On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:54:57 +0100, Cory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Any change that MTQ will be modified according to this RFC, for it's
>really inconvenient when working remote.

Pretty silly move from me, partially misreading an RFC and then
misposting an request.

The line above should read: "Any change that TB! will be modified
*back* according to ...". Note the "back", since it worked correctly
in v2.11.03 and earlier.

Fact is, TB! can't cope with the LIST output format of certain (not
only Maliltraq) POP3 servers. Although the output of the LIST command
is defined as:
|             In order to simplify parsing, all POP3 servers are required
|             to use a certain format for scan listings.  A scan listing
|             consists of the message-number of the message, followed by
|             a single space and the exact size of the message in octets.
|             This memo makes no requirement on what follows the message
|             size in the scan listing.  Minimal implementations should
|             just end that line of the response with a CRLF pair.  More
|             advanced implementations may include other information, as
|             parsed from the message.
|
|                NOTE: This memo STRONGLY discourages implementations
|                from supplying additional information in the scan
|                listing.  Other, optional, facilities are discussed
|                later on which permit the client to parse the messages
|                in the maildrop.
... the Message Dispatcher is unable to display the correct message
size when additional info is supplied by the mail server.

Concluding, TB!'s POP3 implementation needs review and correctlion.

--
Happy flappin'!
 Corne' (aka Cory, The Batdmin)