   ***^\     ."_)~~
 ~( __ _"o   Was another beautiful day, Thu, 23 Dec 2004,
   @  @      at 21:30:12 +0100, when Alexander S. Kunz wrote:

> Deliplayer can create a textfile containing that information. You can fill
> it with whatever information that is available (either from tags or from
> the playlist - actually, you don't need precise file tags as you can
> manually enter information in the playlist), mine simply puts the above
> pre-formatted text with:

> Deliplayer2 is playing: "${songname}"$if(${artist}){ by
> ${artist}}$if(${album}){
>      from the ${releasedate} album '${album}'}

> (this has to be configured in Deli's Client Control)

Ah, I see. OK. Fine.

> The remaining "magic" is done with a quick template (thanks to Dan
> Grunberg) that is included in my signature (requires the XMP macro plugin):

Aiii... The thing written in German, and I know about 30 words. OK,
doesn't mind, if I managed to install the plugin for F-prot, I'll manage
somehow with XMP as well. A thank to him, indeed. Lots of nice work,
although I understand almost nothing.

>  %IF(%XMP_FileSize("d:\sound\deliplayer2\dp2info.txt")>"1",%-
>  %INCLUDE("d:\sound\deliplayer2\dp2info.txt"),%-
>  %WRAPPED(70,%COOKIE("E:\Text\Cookies\cookies.txt"))%-

> (pathes need to be adjusted, of course)

> Ah, the beauty of macros and variables... :-)

Yea, nice macros are poetry. Thanks. (-:

>> What is Deliplayer2? Can I gooooogle right this name to get a d/l link?

> http://www.deliplayer.com (almost to easy, aye?).

Aye. Getting it down to my cave, right in this moment. Danke.

> Its a very powerful player (it has its origins on the Amiga, plays
> over 200 formats, need I say more?),

Nay.

> but its not offering the huge amount of "eye candy" in skins

Only one skin is enough for all of us.

> and plugins like WinAmp, and it may not be as accessible as WinAmp is
> to the average user.

Who needs plugins with a thing of 200+ formats? What is average user on
a TB list?

> Just like TB, much of its real potential is "hidden"

Good! I like hidden potentials. Actually I am a hidden potentials freak.
"Hidden potential" is my middle name.

> (the GUI is totally modular,

Excellent! I like modular things as well. We'll modulate.

> but you have to enable "god mode configurability" first, for example).

I'll manage somehow to convince him too. No problem.

> Its lacking a real "media library"

I do not need any "media library", since I change it all the time.

> but the playlist is a very versatile replacement (I have all my music
> in the playlist).

A play list is the right thing. I do this this way too. Play lists rock.

> 'nuff advertising. :-) (you may have guessed it, I am a registered Deli
> user and beta tester *g*).

No, I hadn't such a guess even in a skirt of my mind, but I am honored
to meet you under such festal {circum|cube}stances. Thanks. (-:

And have a nice chubby turkey. (:

- --
Mica
PGP key uploaded at: <http://pgp.mit.edu/> once just before breakfast
:crazy:
[Earth LOG: 113 day(s) since v3.0 unleashing]
OS: Windows 98 SE Micro Lite Professional IVa Enterprise Millennium
    with nestled ZipSlack(tm) 9.1 UMSDOS Linux, and with Bochs 2.1.1
    with a small DLX Linux;
    and, for TB sometimes Libranet (Linux) 2.8.1, via Cross Over Office