Hello Allie,

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:04:30 -0500 GMT (25/12/2004, 01:04 +0700 GMT),
Allie Martin wrote:

AM> I don't see the difference from a money-making POV. Yahoogroups is an
AM> ad driven service that is offered at no cash cost to users. Yahoo
AM> makes money off the messages you send to TBOT. <shrug>

The first difference is that Yahoo adds random ads, while Gmail parses
your emails to add personalised ads that are "relevant" to you.

The second difference is that for public mailing lists, I would have
little concern about messages read by third parties (robotic or
human), because everything written to a mailing list / newsgropup /
forum etc is an open message which can be read by anybody anyways (in
realtime or in the archives). However, a private mail to a confidant
using gmail is another quality, IMHO.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Die Bewohner der Erde heisen Autos, ihre Sklaven haben zwei Beine und
muessen fur sie arbeiten und sie pflegen.

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.0.2.4 Rush
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A