Hello Alexander,

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:03:08 +0100 GMT (19/02/2005, 16:03 +0700 GMT),
Alexander S. Kunz wrote:

ASK> Everyone can fake the X-Mailer header so that it contains the
ASK> identification of a genuine mail program. The spam I get claims to be (or
ASK> is) written with Microsoft Outlook Express, CommuniGate Pro, SquirrelMail,
ASK> and whatnot. Does anyone increase the spam rating of a message by that
ASK> X-Mailer? No.

The faked X-Mailer a spam software created was a TB version, but there
was another header in those mails that wold be created only by
Outlook, X-MSMail-Priority: Normal. That's how the faked X-Mailer
could be identified as fake.

This: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/spammer.html says it all.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Ever notice that PRICE and WORTH mean the same thing, but priceless
and worthless are opposites?  -- Jay Trachman

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.0.2.10
under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600Service Pack 2