Hi Ralph,
  On 28/3/2005 4:16 PM +0200, you wrote:

That's a pity, because Thunderbird and Outlook 2003 really seem to
cache the mails because one can search.

For IMAP, you don't need to cache mail bodies to search. You shouldn't have to do that. ThunderBird doesn't cache mail bodies for searching. It queries the server. Same for Mulberry, the client I'm currently using most often.

If you have a relatively slow connection, you couldn't do searches if you had to cache everything locally for searching.

I've never used Outlook, so I can't speak for it.

--
 Allie Martin
System specs: http://www.ac-martin.com/sysspecs.htm