Hello Alexander,

On 28 April 2005, 18:17 you wrote:

>> I don't understand. Aren't asterisks and brackets also parts of the
>> regex syntax, and we anyway use them all in a "regular text"?

> I don't understand, either. RegEx, to be precise. :-P

> All I (think I) know is that the slash is used as an escape character if
> you want to match characters that normally are regex qualifiers. Like if
> you really mean to match an asterisk you'd use /* in the regex. Or
> something like that. :-}

Actually, (to be precise :-) ) you would use the backslash "\", e.g.
^From.*(OWNER|owner)-(NOLIST|nolist)[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
As ever,
  .\\artin | ICQ 15893823

"There can't be a crisis next week. My schedule is full." HENRY
KISSINGER

IMAP Client: The Bat! Version 3.0.9.20 Return
IMAPS Server: Dovecot | OS: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)