PH> Additionally you may want to check "Compress all folders on exit" in
"Account
PH> properties/Options".

I dont advise it.

I have many input from TB users. I have observed ONLY two ways to lose
mails:

1. Compress on exit checked in Inbox properties

2. Compress all folders on exit in Account/Properties

These  two  ways sooner or later will result in confusion in the Inbox
folder  and  lose  of mails. Sometimes I can get the mails back (there
are some temp files in the Inbox directory), 90% it is not possible.

Before  anybody  writes  that  "I am using this settings for years, no
problem':  we,  you, the members of this list have advanced computers,
and  we  KNOW  the  system  we  are  using,  maintaining them, etc.. I
observed  mail loss when the user has somewhat older computer, not too
much RAM, or a lot of software is running at the same time on an
advanced PC.

Anyway,  I  always advise Hungarian users to switch off these settings
and  do  the  compression  manually.  I have tried to convince Ritlabs
about this matter, even offered my Delphi experience to check the code
regarding  this part of the program, but not too much feedback... I am
losing business because of this bug...

--
Vili