We have two of us in my office who get email on our own domain, but
which is hosted at fastmail.fm, so the domain is sort of virtual. All
email sent to us is redirected to one fastmail.fm account. I set up
The Bat! on both our computers, and use selective download on each one
to ignore each other's emails:

So I am [EMAIL PROTECTED], and I have my filter set to ignore all
email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

My office mate, [EMAIL PROTECTED], has hers set to ignore all email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mostly this works perfectly, except for when someone sends email to
both of us - then The Bat! on both our computer ignores it, and
neither of us downloads it, which has caused some problems today.

Selective Download, for some myopic reason, only allows one to ignore
or kill an email - there is no setting to say "please download this
one", which would solve our problem. It would be much easier to have a
selective download that says "download all email to person1" instead
of having to say "ignore all email to person2".

Of course, the simplest solution is to get another fastmail account
and have one of our email addresses directed to that account, which is
the most efficient way, though to this engineer not the most elegant
(or cost-conscious) solution.

And I could also just have both of us download all email, and set up a
filter to trash any email that wasn't intended for us, but that's not
efficient or elegant either.

Any thoughts on how to solve this problem in The Bat!?

--
David
Written Tuesday, June 14, 2005 at 12:41:45 PM

When nations grow old, the arts grow cold and commerce settles on
every tree. - William Blake, poet, engraver, and painter (1757-1827)