Hello Sam Brown & everyone else,

on 03-Jul-2005 at 21:36 you (Sam Brown) wrote:

>> ...as Roman said, its very likely that this is not a TB problem itself
>> (tho something seems to be affecting the message rendering or whatever
>> of TB so that it crashes, or rather, freezes).

> I agree that it doesn't seem to be a problem with the TB! installation,
> but since TB! is (as far as I know) the only application affected, the
> issue still lies with TB! in that THAT is where it has to be fixed.

I totally agree with you, and I fear that only the developers can really
help with that problem.

> After all that, I undid the restore point, so I'm now back to where I
> was. At least everything else works, but I don't know how useful that is
> to me without a good email client.

*sigh*

Thats bad luck, really.

> I'm wondering if this problem has something to do with a shared DLL or
> something that the Journal Viewer may have overwritten that somehow
> affects rendering. That's why I continue to bring this up as a TB! issue,
> in the event that someone might be aware of some overlap in in library
> usage.

Have you tried SFC (from the commandline), you can check the WinXP system
files with that utility & restore them if they were altered. On one or two
rare occasions I've seen that re-installing the Service Pack (even if it is
already installed) helped.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

I've been doing the Fonda workout: The Peter Fonda workout. That's
where I wake up, take a hit of acid, smoke a joint, and go to my
sister's house and ask her for money. -- Kevin Meaney