Hi Alexander,

On Sunday, July 31, 2005, 7:52:00 PM, you wrote:

> The first thing that comes to my mind in such cases is a virus scanner.

OK, I didn't think of that, I'll give it a try, although my AV hasn't changed
since I used Thunderbird.

> TB first downloads the message to a temporary folder (look into your
> profile folder, directory Application Data/temp) and then imports the
> message into its messagebase from this location.

Is the location hardcoded to the userprofile, or does it honour the %TEMP% and
%TMP% environment variables? The reason I ask is because my temporary
environment variables are set to a different location to the default. Also is
it wise to exclude the messages from being scanned, after all isn't that the
point of using an AV?

--
Warmest regards,

Paul
Created using TheBat! 3.51.10 on Windows XP