Hallo Achdut18,

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:46:31 -0500GMT (1-8-2005, 6:46 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

A> How do "common" folders differ from "virtual" ones?

A common folder is a physical folder not belonging to any account that
actually contains the messages.
A virtual folder can be described best as a filter that shows itself
as a folder.

A> For example if I remove "old" messages from the common folder, will
A> the original message remain in the original folder's "inbox" even if
A> the copy is removed from the common folder that I designate to be a
A> "super inbox."

When you get messages in a common folder, you either copy them or move
them to that folder. When you move them the messages disappear
immediately from the original inbox, even before you delete them from
the common folder. If you copy them, no action on the copy in the
common folder will have any influence on the original copy.
And when you're replying to a message in a common folder, you're never
sure that it'll be answered with the same account that did the
receiving as all connections between the message and the original
account are severed.
The option 'delete from server when message is removed from trash'
(when you're keeping mail on server) doesn't work any more as the
message have been moved to a common folder.

These disadvantages don't go for virtual folders, as virtual folders
contain only links to a selection of messages matching your filter.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Yawn: The only time some men get to open their mouths.

The Bat! 3.51.10
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM