Regarding my earlier question as to whether the "-" at the end of a string
was part of the code or just intended to setoff the code from the rest of
the posting, Roelof Otten said that it removed a blank line.  I couldn't
see that in his e-mails, even in his last example, because I couldn't
directly compare the two examples, scrolling from one to the other, I
didn't actually see the shortened space between the greeting and body
text.

However, when I tried this at home, and created two templates, one with
and without the "-" and could toggle back and forth between them, the
difference was obvious.

So, once again, thanks, Roelof,  for the advice.  The e-mails have been
sent.  Now, the next step is to do that upgrade...

All the best,

--
Avi
Avram Sacks