Peter Fjelsten wrote:

> Right click on it >> Headers > Edit headers: Here you can
> add/display all you want. Just make sure that the "Display this
> field on the scrollable part of the header pane" is unchecked.

Cool- yep, I was bitten by the option that didn't actually appear in
the window's default layout.  Oof.  Thanks.

>> 2) Is there a way I can auto-format hanging paragraphs like this?

> More or less, yes. Play with Auto-format, auto-wrap, smart tabs in
> Editor options.

Thx.

>> 6) I like threading some folders by references/subject, but then I
>>    have to put the subject as the first field on the left.  I'd love
>>    to have the message status/park/flag fields all the way on the
>>    left, as I do in non-threaded views.  Is there a way to do this?

> No problem. Just move the flags up and down in View mode manager.

Grr why this absolutely failed to work for me up 'til now is really
going to bother me.  I saw it threading by message status of all
things, and thought, "huh?"

>> 7) What is a "common" folder?

> A folder that is not part of any account.

Ah, k, so it's just "hanging out" at "account level" in the tree?
Will ponder its application for my situation.  I never had a reason to
use color groups five years ago, but now I'm really starting to get a
feel for why I might want to use them.  Ironically, it came not
because of using The Bat!, but it came from installing TB! on my home
machine, and using Opera's IMAP client at work.  Opera has some really
cool email handling features, but unfortunately the greatness is
somewhat mired by the fact that it doesn't actually do what you tell
it to in many common situations.  ...ahh well.

FWIW, the coolest thing ever that it did was that it seemed to tie
automatic Bayesian filtering into virtual folders.  "Automatic" by
virtue of the fact that you told it what filter(s) something should go
into, so you didn't have to type anything.  (My current setup has
POPfile, which is a graphical interface to "bin" my mail, but then I
have to type in TB!'s filters to get things into the right folders.)
And the folders were virtual, so all of the mail actually stayed in
your Inbox.  I learned over time why I didn't like that behavior, and
it irritated me to no end that if a message got sorted into two
filters, and both of those filters were "wrong," you could stick the
message in the right filter, but it would also forever be stuck in the
"unfiltered" list.  PITA.  Also the small fact that it doesn't come
close to the skill exhibited by POPfile, and yeah, a different
solution was required...

>> 8) When I create folders for IMAP accounts, I want to create those
>>    folders on the server.  How can I do this?

> Just create a folder: TB will make it on the server, too. Or use Account
> IMAP commands > Manage IMAP folders

Yeah this got totally fubared on me last night, but this morning got
sorted out mysteriously.  Love it.  :)

>> 11) Is there any way to specify, "check this account after this other
>>    account has been checked"?

> Not to my knowledge but maybe using the Scheduler.

The scheduler seems suboptimal, but I'll dig into it a bit more.

Thanks,
-tom!