Hallo Chris,

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:13:38 +1100GMT (5-1-2006, 13:13 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

C> Can anyone give me some hints so I can try and work out why the
C> filters don't seem to be working in v3?

You mentioned that you unchecked 'continue processing with other
filters'. The function of this option hasn't been changed in v3, but
what it always had as function was a follows: A message is compared
with the filters until it matches one. When a filter is triggered by a
message, that message won't be compared with the conditions for the
filters under the triggered filter, but when your triggered filter has
the 'continue with..' option checked the message is checked against
the following filters (until it matches a filter without that option
checked)

From your description it appears that you're having the option checked
for all filters and that would mean that all messages will be caught
by your catch all filter at the bottom. And you're complaining that
that happens as it should, why that didn't happen with your v2 install
is something that I don't understand. Probably something was corrupted
and the conversion to v3 fixed this.

So my first suggestion would be to drop the 'continue processing..'
option for all filters.

Hi Roelof,

Ok, I've removed the check from all the continue processing options. I thought
that option was to tell The Bat! to continue with the other filters if it
didn't find a match for the first filter, which is why I had them all checked.
If The Bat! continues on with all the other filters if the very first one
doesn't match, than all the better. Anyway, I will see if removing the check
fixes the problem.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Apple (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton

The Bat! 3.64.01 Christmas Edition
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM