Hello Tim Hamm & everyone else,

on 19-Apr-2006 at 21:24 you (Tim Hamm) wrote:

>> why is each of your *new* messages to the list marked as "Re:",
>> indicating a reply to a previous message? *puzzled*

> I don't know who put the [2] in the original subject heading...?

Thats TheBat's automatic reply numbering. You can change it in the
Account Properties / Templates / Reply - there's a tickbox "use reply
numbering" on the bottom (below the reply template textbox).

> I've always started out a new messages with Re: in the subject heading
> Something from my Eudora days... you are not the first person to ask
> this... I guess this is confusing to the group so I will no longer use
> Re: in the subject heading...

I dare say its not only confusing for this group.

This "Re:" subject prefix is used to indicate a REply to some other
message. When I see a "Re:" in a subject, I assume it is a reply to
another message - which makes me wonder if the original message is
missing on my end, or if TheBats threading function has failed...

Normally, you don't have to worry about it at all. When you compose a
new message, just type an appropriate subject (as you already do). When
you reply to an existing message, TheBat will automatically add the
"Re:" (or the "Re[n]" if you use reply numbering) to the subject. And
when you forward a message, TheBat will automatically add a "Fwd:"
prefix to the subject.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

NP: "La Future Orbite" by Joking Sphinx
    (from the 1997 compilation "Nataraja 2")