Peter,

PM> Hi Richard,

PM> They will only be purged when you run Folder maintenance or check to
PM> Remove old messages in Folder -- Properties -- Additional.

Something strange seems to be happening. I've set account and folder
properties as suggested uniformly across the folders I want purged.
Some folders were purged after running folder maintenance but others
were not. I then changed the settings on one from purging those in
excess of 180 days to a maximum number of messages, and it worked. I
then did that for a second folder and it didn't.

I've consistently used betas after they've been out for a day or two,
and am now using the latest release. Given that this has obviously
been a problem for quite awhile, is there any possibility it was a bug
from an older beta that continues to sit there after subsequent
upgrades?

--
Thanks,
Rick