Hello Tom,

On Mon, 8 May 2006 12:37:21 +1000 GMT (08/05/2006, 09:37 +0700 GMT),
Tom wrote:

>>> 2.) Customisations gone. This could easily be fixed by copying the
>>> tbuser.def from the back-up to the new location, overwriting the
>>> existing new file. This appears to be a programmer oversight, as with
>>> this new functionality, the backup routine was not updated.

T> I don't worry about the splash screen or registration. I still have
T> the mail and can do that easily.

Yes, but it's a workaround. The registration is sensitive data, as you
have paid (!) for it, so you shouldn't have to twiggle and use
workarounds to make TB remember this.

T> What customisations are you referring to? Does this affect only the
T> new options in V. 3.8?

Yes, those are the ones I mean.

T> I actually have not done anything, so this would not bother me but
T> if it affects the settings for the individual accounts (existing
T> templates, filters, html/plain text settings ) etc that would be a
T> different issue.

No, those seemed to be fine.

>>> 3.) Settings gone. This refers to window size and location etc.
T> Not sure what that means?

My TB runs maximised, it now opened in a not-maximised window. The
editor window was very much at the right of the screen, I surely never
left it there. The column widths of the account tree were all
different from how I had left them. And so on. Nothing that can't be
fixed, but it's an unneccessary 20 minutes spent to get TB look like
it did before. All these settings should be backuppedand restored by
default.

T> Thanks for your info and assistance.

Welcome. My advice is still to make a manual backup and not rely on
TB's internal backup alone.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall.
Music will follow.