Hello Chris,
Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 12:28:56 AM, you wrote:

> MrNaughty @ 5/09/2006 1:07:41 AM
> "Best way to migrate to new pc"
> <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> I would like to ask: why NOT ALL SETTINGS be stored in ",INI" file

> Because, as of now, the registry is the recommended place for these
> sorts of settings (I'm probably starting a religious war with this
> comment).
   Yes, if you're regular user, but what if you are reformatting or
   restore PQDI / BootIt image twice or tree times a month? I certainly
   don't want to spent more time for installing TheBat, replacing
   folders and restore registry, when it already setup on other
   partition, backing up over night to third partition and once a
   month to external USB drive, or Am I wrong?

>> and why not for user to decide during instalation which way he wants
>> to go:
>> secure-registry
>> or:
>> regular-.ini

> I don't see how the registry is more secure?
 I compared a couple of programs set-ups and that was what they
 recommended.

>  An INI file would be much
> easier to encrypt than individual registry data entries. And, the
> default ACLs don't allow unauthorized users into either Application
> Data or the other's registry.
 Yes, I agree, PGP does it for me.

                    _/    /