Hello vitalie,

On Wed, 31 May 2006 22:55:30 +0300 GMT (01/06/2006, 02:55 +0700 GMT),
vitalie vrabie wrote:

vv> by the way. the experience i've had in Romania was the best one
vv> with public computers. as a matter of rule, all of the public
vv> computers there did boot from the LAN, then filled the HD from an
vv> image on the LAN, then booted Windows. they didn't disable
vv> anything, they just make damn sure that any of the user's actions
vv> won't affect the next user. very simple and quite straightforward.
vv> and they did this cleanup right after the user decides to leave,
vv> thus not only being quickly ready for the next user, but showing
vv> this user how traces are wiped to keep him/her calm.

We have something that sounds similar to this at our university. You
can run any file you want on the user PCs, and you can save your work,
which many people do on the desktop. Once the computer is shut down
and rebooted, it is the original again, all saved or downloaded files
gone. BTW the original setup includes an AV software, and the signature
files would be on the server, I'd think.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say," I think I'll
squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out"?