Hi

On Monday 18 September 2006 at 4:15:54 PM, in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Thomas
Fernandez wrote:

> Hello MFPA,

>>> It does.

M>> Here it manages to leave plenty behind.

> Hm. I actually never checked, I only know how much space is freed. If
> old messages are not purged, this would be a bug.

"Browse deleted messages" seems to sometimes show some messages
left behind by "compress on exit" but none when I have tried after
activating the "compress" function manually. I have not looked at
this much beyond noticing it to be the case.

[...]

M>> Doing it manually takes considerably longer even though all
M>> folders are set to compress on exit.

> That doesn't make sense... "On exit", if activated for the same
> folders as the manual maintenance, should take the same time.

You would think so.

> One idea why the time may be different is that you check Integrity
> when activating maintenance manually. Is that the case?

For this comparison I was not checking integrity as this tends to
take longer than the combined time for purge, compress, remove
duplicates.

MFPA

When duty calls...hang up immediately

Using The Bat! v3.80.06 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1