On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 at 12:50:23 -0500, Avram wrote:
> I know that both Lotus Notes and Outlook allow for e-mail groups to be
> created very easily, without placing any addresses in the bcc field.
> (Just creat a new group and add the addresses to the list in the
> "create-a-group" box.)  Hopefully, the Bat will have that functionality
> at some point.

But all the addresses need to be in one of the addressee fields,
otherwise the email servers between you and the recipients won't know
where the email is to go. Even if you use a distribution list in
Outlook, it will insert the individual email addresses into the email
itself when it is sent.

So one way or another the options are:
   * put all the addresses in the TO or CC field, either directly or
     through a group "alias", then all these addresses are visibile to
     all the recipients;
   * put some or all of the addresses in the BCC field - they are then
     invisible as a group, each recipient seeing (at most) their own
     address; or
   * use some mail merge or mailing list system that sends separate
     emails to each person in the group.

TB can do any of these, and IMHO the mail merge/mailing list function is
more simple than the equivalent function in Outlook.

--
Robin

Using The Bat! v3.85.03
      Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
      Popfile v0.22.4