Hello Robert!

On Wednesday, December 06, 2006, 5:12 PM, you wrote:

> ... I dislike Windows-style editors. ...

You might like to have a look at TB!'s made-for-The Bat! MicroEd
editor. It has a lot of the features which you said you like in your
customiazed external editor, and once you had the MicroEd configured,
it might be less trouble than using an external editor.

I love the MicroEd editor myself, and I don't like the Windows editor
provided with The Bat!

Have a look at Options/Preferences from the main TB! window. Scroll
down the Preferences choices to Viewer/Editor and see MicroEd under
that.

Combined with Address Book templates, and TB!'s Quick Template
function, it takes much of the work out of composing e-mail messages.

On another note: Welcome to TBUDL. I've been subscribed here since
October, 2002, and it is a very helpful and friendly group.

Mary
The Bat! 3.86.02 on Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2