On Friday, December 22, 2006, 22:52:04, Stephane Bouvard (ML) wrote:

> Actually it use 1.3GB...  not so much memory remaining...  and do not
> forget that the limited memory space is shared by the 32 bits apps, i do
> not use only TheBat, most of the time, TheBat! is minimized... taking 33%
> of the space available for 32bits apps.

Err, no. Every 32bit program running on 32bit system has it's own 2 (or 3)
GB address space, regardless of other programs. If Windows runs out of
physical memory, it'll simply swap out least used memory pages to the disk
- this way the programs on my computer can currently consume 4,2GB of
memory, even though I only have 3GB of physical memory - the rest is swapped
out. Times of 16bit DOS and it's 640kB limit for all programs at once have
ended long ago.

> Sorry but i need those logs for archival purpose.  I know i can send them
> as attachements, but it's easier for me like that, it's why i use TheBat!,
> wich is able to handle those kind of mails, even if it use much memory for
> that.

... >> /var/log/archive/cron.log

0 0 * * 0    tar cvf /dev/tape /var/log/archive/*

--
< Jernej Simonèiè ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

As the economy gets better, everything else gets worse.
       -- Buchwald's Law