Hello Gene,

> Hello fellow list members,

>   Hoping to tap into the brain trust, here:

>   Is it possible to sync two or more instances of The Bat!, if they are
>   not collocated? IOW, if both machines are set to automatically check
>   for mail and there is a passage of time in transit between the two
>   machines, can they really be accurately synchronized??

The popular methods are using IMAP (leaving messages on the server),
POP (leaving messages on the server), or physically copying your
message files around.

>   If this is not possible, and it seems that it is not, since the Help
>   File seems to suggest that it is a method of synchronizing two or
>   more "still life images" while the machines continue along their
>   real time life, is there a better way to do this?

I'm not entirely sure what that sync is intended for, but it is
certainly not for syncing between two Bat programs (like you'd sync
offline messages in outlook).  I had tried syncing The Bat and Voyager
with that toolset, but it just isn't for that.  TB Support said they
were working on a better sync in the future.

--
Andrew Diederich
Using Voyager v3.86.03 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600