Hi

On Thursday 28 December 2006 at 7:08:49 PM, in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, MAU wrote:

> Assume you have several filter with a common condition, for
> example:

> If A and B
> If A and C
> If A and D
> If A and E

> You can convert those to 1 filter and several sub-filters like
> this:

> If A
>    If B
>    If C
>    If D
>    If E

> The advantage (aside of clarity) is that sub-filters for
> conditions B, C, D, E... will not be checked at all unless the
> If A filter triggers (condition A met) first.

(Using v3.80.06) I have a (recently-created) subfilter that is
misbehaving in that it is triggered regardless of whether the
condition for its parent is met.

These filters relate to emails from a magazine publisher.

The parent is "if sender contains any of" (the domains they send
emails from) move to a certain folder.

I pay for a magazine subscription for my sister and keep
correspondence relating to the subscription in a subfolder called
"subscription". This is only 4 or 5 emails per year and I have
previously moved them manually to the "subscription" subfolder.
When I received one today I decided to automate the process with a
subfilter:-

"If subject contains 'subscription' move to the 'subscription'
subfolder.

I forwarded the subscription confirmation to my sister and found
her reply filtered to the "subscription" subfolder. I tested
filters and this confirmed the subfilter was being triggered. I
sent myself an empty email with the subject "subscription" and the
subfilter was triggered by that too.

Any ideas?

MFPA

Don't learn safety rules by accident...

Using The Bat! v3.80.06 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1