Hi

On Wednesday 3 January 2007 at 10:43:35 AM, in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, MAU wrote:

> I'll ask you the same question that George Mitchell did. Are you talking
> about "Common filter and sub-filter"? If so, please refer to the BT
> report pointed out by George.

Yes, that covers it.

My workaround is to add a user parameter.

The parent is now "if sender contains any of" (the domains they
send emails from) move to magazine folder AND "set (user
parameter) magazine=1".

The subfilter now says "If Additional Params magazine is equal to
1 AND subject contains 'subscription' move to the 'subscription'
subfolder".

This seems to work mainly as expected, with two exceptions I found
during testing.

Firstly, the subfilter does not work when activated with a hotkey.
My guess would be that's related to the way user parameters work,
as this suggests they may only be stored for the duration of the
current filtering session.

Secondly, re-filtering the subscription subfolder moves its
contents to the magazine folder. (Re-filtering the magazine folder
moves them back again, even though testing filters suggests this
will not happen. Copying messages from both to another folder and
re-filtering that folder distributes the messages as expected.)

Any thoughts?

MFPA

When you're through changing, you're through

Using The Bat! v3.80.06 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1