Hello Ian,

Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 2:53:21 PM, among other things, you wrote:

I> D:\Backup\ApplicationData\PCName%Date="YYYY-MM-DD"-%Time="HH-MM-SS".tbk

I> However, this seems too long to paste into the dialog box in Options \
I> Preferences \ System \ Autobackup and if I instead browse to the
I> folder and then paste PCName%Date="YYYY-MM-DD"-%Time="HH-MM-SS".tbk
I> into the file name box I get an error message "Invalid File Name"

I> How can I date and time stamp my automatic backups?

 Try:
 PCName%Date(yyyy-mm-dd)-%Time(HH-mm-ss).tbk

 Because  of  the  limited  space  in the file name 'window' you may have to
 enter  small  blocks of the text starting from the right. For example first
 enter    %Time(HH-mm-ss).tbk   and then enter the next block at the left of
 the first etc.

 Roger
:flag-southafrica:
The Bat! v3.98.4 :beta: with AntispamSniper 1.8.0.8 ,
on Windows XP, version 5 1, build 2600 and Service Pack 2