Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

Monday, March 24, 2008, 2:44:24 AM, you wrote:

PN> Hi,
PN> I'm running Vista 64 bit since a month and I'm not capable to set The
PN> Bat as the default mailclient.

PN> In preferences,associates tab evething is marked.

PN> Also in the defaults program for windows the settings are correct.
PN> (according what I see)

PN> eg when I click on a 'mailto' in a webpage , internet explorer pops up
PN> and says that the default mailclient is not properly installed.

PN> Any suggestions here ?
PN> Thanks

Hope Rick Grunwald's technique solves your problem.

I had the same problem going from Ver 3 to ver 4 in Windows XP. So
sent in bug report. The Bat were very prompt and helpful and solved my
problem. So my procedure is now:

First do The Bat's Backup and then back up all your data onto data
disk.
Also create a system restore point.

Needed to do more than use Windows Control Panel Software Remove:

Delete Application Settings:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\The Bat!

Delete The Bat folder:
C:\Program Files\The Bat!

Try reinstalling once again, but this time also clean up the registry
by deleting the RIT folder under \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Then restart windows

Can then reinstall...

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v4.0.18 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

...Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?