On Friday, July 18, 2008, 1:27:36 PM, Dwight Corrin wrote:

> On Thursday, July 17, 2008, 9:46:43 PM, Günter Minnerup wrote:

>> I have such an archive account already, to keep my POP3 message base
>> manageable. So what you're saying is simply "move everything beyond
>> the server quota into the archive account"?

> exactly

Well, thanks to you and everyone else who have helped me understand
IMAP. Unfortunately, it has just been confirmed that my email provider
does not support IMAP after all so I'll have to stick with POP until
they (a university that calls itself world class) manage to bring
their email system to 21st century standards. The current server quota
of merely 20MB would, I fear, have made IMAP unworkable anyway, given
the volume of email I receive. It also seems, if Alto is to be
believed, that TB under IMAP is still a work in progress...

Back to the drawing board...

--
Regards,
Günter