Hello Maggie,

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:15:45 -0400 GMT (01/08/2008, 04:15 +0700 GMT),
Maggie Meister wrote:

MM> All of a sudden I wasn't getting mail. Discovered that the SMTP port
MM> setting had changed from 25 to 585. I didn't change it. The same thing
MM> happened to another TB! user - theirs was a different server than
MM> mine. Is this The Bat! or is it gremlins?

Gremlins. Definitely. ;-)

MM> Has anyone else had a problem like this? Thanks for insights.

No, gremlins are not allowed in this country.

Seriously though, I am surprised this happens, but then, we are using
Windows. But what bothers me more is that the same thing is confirmed
by another TB! user. Hm. Coincidences on this level don't usually
happen in computing.

As Henrik pointed out, SMTP is for sending, POP is for retrieving
messages. Did you have any change in port number for receiving
messages? And, what was the error message in the log when you couldn't
download mails?

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

SYMPTOM: Opposite wall covered with fluorescent lights. FAULT: You
have fallen over backward. ACTION: Have yourself lashed to bar.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.0.26.3