On Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 13:19:26, Gunivortus Goos wrote:

>> Note that listening in on phone conversations (and fax communications)
>> is much easier than intercepting even unencrypted communication over
>> the internet.
> Except for Skype's IP-phonecalls, I experienced, they're obviously encrypted.

I was referring to POTS (plain old telephone service), not IP
telephony (which is about as hard to tap into as other internet
communications; note that Skype's encryption isn't to be trusted).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

The grass is brown on both sides of the fence.
       -- Ed Yourdonradar's Fundamental Truth