Hello Velma,

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:16:39 -0400 GMT (11/Jul/09, 5:16 +0700 GMT),
Velma Kahn wrote:

VK> 7/9/2009, Thomas Fernandez wrote:
>>I've never had any problem with image rendering. Please advise which
>>service you subscribe to, and I will subscribe and take a look.

VK> I will redirect samples of the two emails to you. That should display
VK> the issues.

VK> The one from com...@comicspages.com--the images are cut off at the right.

You mean com...@mycomicspage.com. When I click on the images, I am
taken to the actual webpage so I can compare. What happenes here is
that the image is no cut off, but it is shown smaller than the frame.
As I don't have a screenshot software on this computer and don't want
to bore you with a bmp in Word, let me draw:

-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------

-----------------------------
|                           |
|                           |
|                           |
|                           |
-----------------------------

------------------------------------
------------------------------------

The picture is complete, but rendered too small. Bug.

VK> The one from daily...@rbma.com shows black bars and rectangles all
VK> over the place that are quite distracting (whereas elsewhere the
VK> comics are bordered by solid blue boxes).

I have little black lines all over the place, no rectangles. I don't
think the images are rendered incorrectly, but the HTML code is
interpreted wrongly.

Basically, I can confirm both HTML mails are rednered incorrectly.
Kindly issue a butracker entry and I will suppport.

VK> For the rest of your email, it's hard for me to interpret. I take it
VK> that The Bat! has been around for a long time, is still actively
VK> developed--and that sometimes things get fixed, sometimes features
VK> get enhanced and added, sometimes things don't get fixed, and
VK> sometimes things get worse? And that a substantial group of you all
VK> get by and are relatively content?

That is correct. I've been with the project for 10 years now, and
TheBat! is still work in progress. It is fun to watch it develop, and
frustrating when something you especially like suddenly doesn't work
any more. Most people stick with it anyway, helping the developers to
find the problem.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.