Hi

On Thursday 30 July 2009 at 3:12:49 PM, in
<mid:1682819829.20090730161...@ahrendt.net>, Volker Ahrendt wrote:

> [Reply to: »Volker Ahrendt« · 2008-02-05 · 23:47 h
> (CET)]

> Moin, folks!

>>> That's WRONG! If it would ever be implemented, it
>>> should be Re: BETA???? (was: 4.0.0.19)

No! Should be - BETA???? (was: Re: 4.0.0.19)

>> Good idea! - My favorite news client (40tude Dialog)
>> does so, too: If you edit the subject line of a reply
>> the client sets the original subject in brackets like
>> above.

I do it so rarely that I never encountered this feature when I used
40tude Dialog.

> I found a (quite good) solution for this problem:

> a) Semiautomatic

> - Create a Quicktemplate and (out of convenience)
> assign a shortcut:

[...]

> b) Automatic

> - Include the macros in your reply template:

[...]

> Pro solution a):

> You can run the QT at any time even if the textbody of
> the new message is already modified.

It would take me longer to look at the QT to remind myself of the
shortcut than to type three letters, a colon and two brackets! (-;

> Pro solution b):

> The macros run really automatically! :-) But there are
> two limitations:

> 1. The template must not contain the macro:
> %ModifyOnce("Subject")

I don't imagine that is too onerous.

> 2. The textbody must *not* be
> modified *before* you change the subject line.

That would probably kill it for me - unless the thread was already not
related to the subject line, I would only decide to change it if my
contribution took it in a different direction. I would decide this was
the case after reading what I had typed...

> Maybe some of you like this solution, too. ;-)

> Cheers! VA

> P.S.: Message is crossposted to: TBUDL Mailing List

MFPA

Change is inevitable except from a vending machine

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600