[Reply to: »MFPA« · 2009-07-30 · 17:25 h (CET)]

Moin, MFPA!

> No! Should be - BETA???? (was: Re: 4.0.0.19)

Ummm, three different people and three different opinions. Can you
provide information about a reliable source which deals with this
subject?

>> a) Semiautomatic

>> You can run the QT at any time even if the textbody of the new
>> message is already modified.

> It would take me longer to look at the QT to remind myself of the
> shortcut than to type three letters, a colon and two brackets! (-;

- assign a short and descriptive QT handle => e.g. "was"
- in textbody type "was" + [ctrl][space]

  => That’s nearly the half! ;-)

>> b) Automatic

>> 2. The textbody must *not* be
>> modified *before* you change the subject line.

> That would probably kill it for me - unless the thread was already
> not related to the subject line, I would only decide to change it if
> my contribution took it in a different direction.

In general I personally decide this before I start writing the reply
message. ;-)

> I would decide this was the case after reading what I had typed...

In this case you can use option a). :-)

Cheers!
VA

- --
Volker Ahrendt | q...@ahrendt.net
Direct eMail without [The Bat!] in subject line will end in Nirvana!
Using The Bat! 4.2.9.4 [Pro] on Windows XP [Pro] Service Pack 3.

»Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job.«

Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), »The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy«