Hello MFPA,

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:02:21 +0100 GMT (03/Sep/09, 18:02 PM +0700 GMT),
MFPA wrote:

>> Can anybody confirm that a PGP encrypted and signed
>> message cannot be decrypted in TB! if you don't have
>> the sender's public key to check the signature?

I don't use PGP at the moment, but isn't it one of the points? I mean,
you have to exchange public keys (or download them from the
keyservers) in order to be able to decrypt and check the signature.

>> Also, if somebody pastes their key into a message body
>> and then  clearsigns the message, TB! will not import
>> the key to your keyring if the key is not already there
>> to check the signature?

I believe you need to issue a command to tell TB! to import the key.

M> Can anybody duplicate this?

M> Alternatively, does anybody observe different behaviour?

I cannot test it, but what you describe is what I would expect.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 4.2.10.6