On Sun, 2009-09-06, Thomas Fernandez wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:22:58 +0100 GMT (06/Sep/09, 17:22 PM +0700 GMT),
> MFPA wrote:

>>> Of course it's fixable.

M>> I'm told Thunderbird 3.0b4 manages to include the closing bracket as
M>> part of the link.

> I didn't know that, but thanks for confirming my logic.

Although I do not remember seeing any instances of a URL enclosed in
Parentheses, I also have not seen any URLs *containing* Parentheses until
this Wikipedia link.

Now the designers of the URL syntax reserved Angle Brackets "<>" for
enclosing URLs in running text. And TB seems to be aware of this to a
degree. If I try a URL with embedded Parentheses:

 http://example.com/ends-with-(parens)

both the MicroEd and Windows editors do not highlight the final
Parentheses. However if I use the same URL in Angle Brackets:

 <http://example.com/ends-with-(parens)>

the final Parenthesis IS included in the Windows editor but NOT in the
MicroEd editor.

It will be interesting to send and receive this message and see what the
various viewers do!

--
Bill McQuillan <bill.mcquil...@pobox.com>
Using The Bat! 2.11 on Windows XP 5.1 build 2600-Service Pack 2