Hi

On Tuesday 3 November 2009 at 6:34:06 PM, in
<mid:hcpt50$9g...@ger.gmane.org>, Christian Buhtz wrote:

> It is possible to set the maximum number of stored
> messages and/or the max days to keep messages in a
> folder.

> 1. Are this two conditions connected with AND or OR?

I just copied some messages to a test folder and experimented, using
"purge and compress" from the context menu. I found that the folder is
compressed first and then the old or exceeding messages are deleted.

If either one of the two conditions are met then some messages are
deleted.

> What happens if there are more than max messages in the
> folder but they are not old enough?

The oldest messages present are deleted so that max messages is not
exceeded.

> 2. I can set this option for each folder. But I didn't
> found a global  settings dialog to set this option for
> all folders global. Is there one?

I have always set it for each folder - nobody has ever pointed me to a
way to set this globally or by account and I have never found one
myself.

--
Best regards

MFPA

Confusion is always the most honest response

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600