Hello Jack,

JSL> Ok, I've looked through the archives for about an hour now and can't find
an answer that works.  The problem has
JSL> to do with the filename used when TB! performs an automatic backup.  I
have the backup filename as "TBbackup.tbk"
JSL> and it will save the backup properly the first time I run the backup.
However, subsequent backups either manually
JSL> started or started by TB! result in an error message because the filename
already exists.  Well, yes, that's true because the first backup was saved to
that filename.

JSL> Can I get TB! to automatically overwrite the old backup *OR* can a new
backup filename be automatically created
JSL> every time the autobackup runs?  Some suggestions I found in the archives
claimed the current date and time could
JSL> be used to generate a filename but I never could get any of those to work.
 Usually a filename using a macro string
JSL> would consist of the characters in the string but not the actual date
and/or time.

Are  you  sure  you  ticked the second choice "Create an Update to an existing
archive" and not the first one "To Backup
File (standard)"?

--
Best Wishes,
Mark