Hello Jack on TBUDL,

Saturday, July 24, 2010, 9:27:14 AM, you wrote:

> On Saturday, July 24, 2010 you wrote:

m>> I can do a normal full backup whenever I like, using The Bat
tools/backup/standard method manually.  Scheduled (automatic) full backups fail
to work after the first one, however, apparently because the filename is
already taken.

m>> Sorry if my original post wasn't clear.

> No problem.  What you describe is exactly why I started this thread
> in the first place. Apparently TB! will refuse to overwrite the
> previous backup because the filename has already been used.  I don't
> need/want my external backup drive filling up with full backups with
> different filenames.

> I suppose one might be able to use TASK SCHEDULER to execute a
> batch file which would delete the previous backup prior to TB! doing a
> scheduled full backup.

> Actually, you could make the argument that it's risky *NOT* to have
> previous backups in case something in TB! went hinky and you've just
> erased the previous GOOD backup and replaced it with a corrupt backup.

> I dunno.  Maybe we're not looking at this with eyes wide open.

A  way  to  have TB!  manage several backups would be good.  Give it a
base  filename  and  then let it name them name-date and an option for
how  many  to  maintain  so  that it deletes the oldest one(s) once it
makes a new backup and reaches that point.

--
David
Cá fhad é ó an tús go deireadh? Turas mór.