Hi

On Saturday 18 September 2010 at 5:46:29 AM, in
<mid:1894225332.20100917214...@waterfire.us>, Gary Odom wrote:

> My experience is that the feature doesn't work.

My experience is that it does work. As long as the folder in question
is set to remove old messages on exit, they are deleted when TB! is
shut down. Otherwise you regularly need to invoke "purge and compress"
manually for that folder.

In folders that I limit by date, the oldest messages (except unread or
parked messages) are always the correct age give or take a day.

I don't currently have any folders limited by number of messages. I
used to, and often they contained a few extra messages but nothing
drastic. Whenever I checked, the oldest messages downloaded at the
same time were similar in number to the extra messages counted; it
never bothered me enough to investigate further, so that could be
coincidence.

--
Best regards

MFPA                    mailto:expires2...@ymail.com

Don't talk unless you can improve on the silence

Using The Bat! v4.0.38 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600