The problem you describe sounds like the "bind freezes my app" mystery
bug that a few people seem to have run into. There are some detailed
problems reports in the CVS. Check out the tcljava CVS and look at these
files in the tcljava/bugs directory.

eventbug1
eventbug2
eventbug3
jbindbug.txt

There seems to enough info to track down the bug but I have
not found the time to find the cause. If you can find the
root of the problem, I would be happy to add a patch to 1.2.6.

Mo Dejong
Cygnus Solutions