> > Nope, no "feature changes" are going into 1.2.6. I still have some
> > error message improvements that I want to add before 1.2.6
> > will go out but there are no features that need to be changed (IMHO).
> > A compiler switch for stubs might be a good thing to add to 1.3.

It might be easy, but it is a feature change and it has to go in
the 1.3 version. I hate to be the bad guy but that it the whole
point of "stable" vs "development" releases (something Scriptics
should really be doing by the way).

> If we fix stubs in 1.2.5, we can easily (and should) add the
> configure switch.
>
> > Anyone in their right mind would compile Tcl Blend from
> > the source, it is just those poor windows folks with no
> > compilers that I am worried about. I just don't see any
> > reason to keep using Tcl 8.2 as the default for windows
> > folks.

There is a lot more, check out the changes.txt file on the
branch-1_2 branch in the CVS for all the details. The worst
of it is a really nasty bug in the ReflectObject table
that causes Jacl and Tcl Blend to just stop working. It
sounds like a JVM bug but I am not sure exactly what the
cause is yet. Thomas McKay is working on creating a test
case for this problem. It is the only issue holding up
a 1.2.6 release at this point.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc.