Mo DeJong wrote:
> The term "thread safe" is very misleading. Jacl interps are safe
> if you use them properly. The problem is that the documentaiton
> about how to use them properly is a little thin.

You could say the same about most Java code.  But I agree the term
"thread safe" is not very precise.  I was referring to automatic thread
safety... which, depending on the project, there may be good reasons to
shun for performance reasons (Swing is a good example).

The API docs should at least specify which calls are safe to use
concurrently and which are not.

> A new paper on
> the subject of multi-threaded interaction with a TclJava interp
> is being authored by Jiang Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. I am sure
> he will publish the URL on this list when he thinks it is ready
> (If you want to help out, I am sure Jiang could always use another
> pair of eyes to help review the paper).

Good.  I'd welcome a chance to review it.

--
Jeff Sturm
[EMAIL PROTECTED]