On Mon, 29 May 2000, Zhumei Wang wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to TclBlend. When I tried to run the small example from
> http://dev.scriptics.com/man/java1.1/TclJavaLib/Interp.htm#M25
> I got the following message:
>
> SIGSEGV 11 segmentation violation
>     si_signo [11]: SEGV
>     si_errno [0]:
>     si_code [1]: SEGV_MAPERR [addr: 0x4]
>
>         stackpointer=FFBEE1D0

> [1] tcl.lang.Interp.create(Native Method)
> [2] tcl.lang.Interp.<init>(Interp.java:130)
> [3] jamesxxx.main(jamesxxx.java:8)

To get it working you need to start Tcl first and then load
Tcl Blend (and the JVM) into a Tcl process. On UNIX systems,
the "make install" rule creates two shell scripts that can
be used to start a "Java enabled" version of tclsh or wish.

Go to the bin directory where you installed Tcl Blend and
note the jtclsh script. Then type these commands to run your
example.

cd $exec_prefix/bin
./jtclsh
% package require java