Wow, what a mail list! I asked one question and got so many answers at the
same day. I love it. Thanks guys.

Actually the answers from both of you are all  I needed. I made that piece
of code work in tcl shell . What I am trying to do now is to embed a tcl
interpreter in java. It seems to me that I am going to do the same thing
as John does. Eventually I am going to create a group of commands over a
java application. Hopefully I can continue get help from you guys.

Thanks again.

Zhumei