Yes, and our managers are supposed to consult with us, the experts,
regarding anything related to our areas of responsibility. Good managers
know what it is we do, how we go about it, and what things are likely to
be issues for us. A manager who just agrees to changes without
considering the impact on any of her staff is going to have a lot of
staff turnover, and wonder why.

John Posada wrote:

Managers aren't supposed to...we are.

>> Managers just have no clue what such changes mean in
>> a controlled document environment, especially when changing
>> from total chaos into control.  It's just an alien concept
>> to them and there's no sense kicking and screaming about it.

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.

DITA West 2007--Use a discount code of "TECHCOMMPROS" to get a discount rate of
$200 off the $800 price if you register before close of business January 15,
2007. http://www.travelthepath.com/conf/dita2007.shtml