> * I received severance; can I also get unemployment? Now, or after the18
> weeks?

This depends on your state. In Ca, there is a waiting period, and I don't
think you can get it if you are getting severence over time, but lump sums I
have no clue.

* What resources do you know of for starting a business, particularly a
> woman-owned business?

Zen and the art of making a living http://tinyurl.com/yp7zbe
Well Fed Writer series http://tinyurl.com/2bbhkf

* Have you ever done a press release to announce a new business or make some
> other announcement?

Guerilla Marketing books http://tinyurl.com/2d3tch

* Corporation, LLC, or other business setup?

Depends on the state you live in, some of the book I mentioned explain this.
If you Inc, do it in Nevada or Delaware.

* Other things I haven't even thought of, yet?

Take a break, freelancing can be daunting work, especially if you don't have
a client list already.

Thanks everyone!

--
Wade Courtney
North San Diego County

Persian Officer: Fools! Our arrows will blot out the sun.
Stelios: Then we will fight in the shade!